Welcome to whatever is on my mind!

Some people use the term "nonsense" but I prefer to use the phrase "uncommonly sensed" because it's more reflective of creative types.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Movies I Can Watch Over and Over

I read a lot of books, but I also love movies because movies are a form of visual story telling. Unlike books, a movie is typically done telling the story in just about 2 hours, so it makes it easier to revisit these stories over and over again. Some are worth the second and third look, and others are not. Here’s my list of movies I like to watch over and over:


Stranger Than Fiction
If you love books or you’re a writer and you haven’t seen this movie, you need to find a copy as soon as possible. Take a day off form work and scout your local used DVD store or order a copy online. The movie is about a a man who discovers that he’s a character in a book and he eventually meets the writer who then discovers that her character has come to life and is a real person.



Shawshank Redemption
This movie was based on a short story by Stephen King and is one of my favorites. A successful banker named Andy Dufresne is wrongfully convicted of murdering his wife, and the movie is about his time in prison as the warden attempts to redeem him (as well as the other prisoners). Andy eventually finds redemption, but probably not in the way the warden had hoped.




Bull Durham
This is a funny and quirky movie about baseball that also includes a love story. I’ve been a longtime baseball fan and the jokes in this movie still stand as some of the funniest in the industry.








The Princess Bride
This may be the most quotable movie in the history of film. Written by the same gentleman who also wrote the screenplay for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid, The Princess Bride is full of action, imagination, and quirky lovable characters.







Anything by Hayao Miyazaki
Miyazaki films are a magical experience. Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl’s Moving Castle are three of my favorites, but I can watch any of these animated films repeatedly. They’re all well written and imaginative.








All the Harry Potter movies
Do I even need to explain this one? I’ve read all the books twice - why wouldn’t I see the movies more than once?











Note: this post originally appeared as a guest post on My Life Loves and Passion blog. However, since I've been busy writing books instead of blog posts and some of you may have missed my guest spot, I'm re-posting it here for your reading pleasure.




No comments:

Post a Comment